Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Our Centre for Intelligent Power located in our global headquarters in Dublin, applies data science to transform all aspects of our company. We’re working on solving technical challenges of today’s digital world, while developing groundbreaking technology that’s going to power next generation of futuristic products and services. We work with multidisciplinary team of data scientists and engineers developing products based on AI, Edge computing and Machine learning.
We’re currently looking for a Senior UI Designer to join our highly successful Product Design team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Your key deliverables:
- Deliver designs that communicate consistent and effective experiences across all platforms.
Create intuitive and engaging UI mockups, low and high-fidelity prototypes for a variety of projects and platforms.
Collaborate closely with UX specialists to offer solutions to digital problems, in alignment with the visual branding strategy.
Collaborate with the development teams to ensure accurate and consistent implementation of the designs.
Expand and develop UI style guides.
Provide detailed design documentation that supports the implementation efforts across development teams.
Do you have?
- 5+ years of industry relevant work experience in designing user interfaces for different platforms such as web apps, mobile, HMI’s and/or smart devices.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in UI Design or a related field, e.g. Visual Communication Design, Graphic Design, Advertising, Interaction Design.
- Expert knowledge of basic visual design principles. Good grasp of color theory, typography and other UI elements.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard designing and prototyping tools (such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Balsamiq, Invision, Principle, etc.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in UI design.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your creative design solutions and skills is a MUST while applying for this role.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team and agile.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proactivity with a strong sense of ownership.
- Knowledge of UX Design processes and User-Centred Design principles
- Understanding of HTML/CS
- Experience working in an Agile/ Lean environment
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No