If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineering Manager- APAC Region in Eaton, based in Shanghai, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
Lead, direct, and execute the engineering activities of the Powertrain – Fuel Emissions Product Engineering Team to design products in close liaison with the customer in line with Eaton design standards, cost targets as well as customer quality and timing expectations. Within this function he/she will directly interface with customers on major risk NPI Programs for product function and design definitions, problem solving, product improvement and cost reduction issues and being the key technical contact on customer NPI launch projects. On minor risk projects and Engineering Changes, he/she is in addition responsible to lead the integrated project team, to meet project scope, drive customer satisfaction and project financial performance.
• Manages the direct reports, like Project and CAD-Engineers as a Manager of People (MOP). Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the team in areas of cost optimized design and process selection, to meet customer & internal specification requirements as well as set timing targets to meet customer industrialization timeframe and quality milestones
• Leads other engineers in the definition and development of new products/process designs and applications, including assistance with product cost estimates, reliability, and testing. Manages complex projects involving multiple components. Ability to influence and drive people/activities on complex technical issues.
• Applies technical expertise to identify and implement improvements to the value of existing products within their system or by changing the system to improve product value.
• Plays a significant role in identifying and developing new business opportunities. Maintains a vigilance and advises Eaton of any competitive activities. Has in-depth knowledge of Product Line goals and strategies and drives business objections & improvements. Identifies opportunities or connections that enhance business performance.
• Provides and manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communicate and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internally.
• Ensure standard project management processes and tools are utilized to ensure customer and internal commitments for on time delivery, budge and scope are met.
• Provides periodic project updates (project status, resources, budget, risks)
• Ensures effective change management process is utilized.
• Recommends changes to current procedures and develops new procedures for the continuous improvement of the engineering process to insure quality system requirements are maintained.
- Engineering Master or Bachelor’s degree in combination with strong project management skills required
- 2-5 year experience in Automotive Industry required
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen and risk management capabilities required
- Demonstrating robust Project Management methodologies, processes and tools.
- Experience in automotive fuel systems, fuel vapor management, or fuel tank design
- Experience in EATON´s Project Management Tool PROLaunch recommended
- English language skills – both verbal and written - required
- Strong communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written - with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton Management and customer
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time