Eaton’s Fuel Motion Control Systems Division is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
When you work for a world leader that recognizes and rewards your best efforts, you can expect the best for your career. Explore the exceptional opportunities now available at Eaton. We provide a state-of-the-art environment where challenge and growth go hand-in-hand. Eaton offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 401k contribution and 401k match, adoption benefits, paid parent leave and employee assistance program all available on day 1 of employment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assist in driving a continuous improvement culture by training employees on Eaton’s Lean and CIF tools (5S+, Standardized Work).
- Actively participates in High Performance Work Team efforts including 8D and A3 corrective action teams, RIE teams, VSM activities, PFMEA teams, PROLaunch activities, etc.
- Assist in the implementation and sustainment of a site-wide 5S+ program.
- Conducts continuous improvement activities to eliminate waste through implementation of Eaton Lean and CIF tools.
- Improves manufacturing standard work by observing and documenting manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the creation of visual controls to aid the manufacturing processes
- Conducts frequent on-site process audits to ensure compliance (5S+, Standardized Work, LPAs, etc.)
- Conducts other duties/projects as assigned to support Eaton Los Angeles critical value streams.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Kaizen events
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time