Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking an Operator III – Crane on 3rd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Middlesex, NC facility.
This position is responsible for setting up and operating winders to produce a spiral wrap over Teflon® tubing. Set up and operate braiders for PTFE and larger diameter hose. Complex set-up with precise and tighter tolerances. Prep and clean mandrels, operate Pole-Up & Strip-Out and operate overhead crane. Advanced level of machine operator requiring the ability to follow written instructions and read blueprint specifications. Under limited supervision, sets up and operates alternately more than one type of production machine on a limited range of production work, involving difficult operations, close tolerances and difficult set-ups. Performs difficult operations or sets up pursuant to speeds, pressures, feeds and operation sequence prescribed in drawings or lay-outs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where
bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Be required to cross train in other cells.
- Braiding: Strip and set-up braider as required including insert proper tooling and insert wound bobbins to braider
- Winding: Strip and set-up winders.
- Proof test: Places coil of hose in tester, hook up to clamps and pressure test with water to proper specifications.
- Finishing: Inspect hose to make sure that specifications are met. Coils and tag the hose to prepare it for shipping. May place in crate or box based on customer specifications.
- Mandrel Load/Unload: Load and strip PTFE tubing from steel mandrels before/after braiding. Utilize overhead crane to move mandrels to/from braiders.
- Crane Operation: Operators must safely operate the crane to transport poles and product through the department.
- Perform duties relative to production in the assigned area and is able to operate all equipment and machinery in the assigned area.
- Produce a quality product, safely, on-time, and with the least cost possible.
- Review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings. Accurately record data on process travelers.
- Accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
- Participate in cell/team activities including, but not limited to, team meetings, problem-solving, Kaizen events, etc.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment through effective housekeeping, 5S and TPM practices
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Middlesex, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 1-3 years of Manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills/teaming ability
- Ability to learn computer transactions
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
- Ability to solve complex math problem.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No