Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Shipping and Receiving Associate to join our team.
This position is based at our Southfield, MI facility.
The primary function is to be the owner of Southfield shipping and receiving department. Leader of all aspects and functions related to shipping and receiving including but not limited to; development and enforcement of processes and procedures, data collection, data reporting, data storage, packaging and shipment services for domestic and foreign shipment, including mail.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Owner and leader of all aspects of shipping and receiving including but not limited to; processes/procedures, data collection and reporting, data storage, and receiving / shipment / delivery of product and material.
- Provide shipping/receiving coverage during core business hours (typically 8 am – 4 pm) and overtime hours as necessary on short notice
- Candidate must be able and willing to consistently take responsibility for publication, communication, and enforcement of established shipping and receiving procedures / policies and for the revision of these items as necessary, pending management approval.
- Familiar with freight standards for both domestic and foreign shipment and receipt. Must keep up to date with all Vehicle Group and Corporate contracts governing shipments.
- Responsible for working (with support from EHS department) to research and determine shipping requirements related to worldwide Environmental Health and Safety (EHS). Includes executing those requirements to ensure seamless delivery of products, components, chemicals, and potential hazardous materials. Candidate functions as facility contact person for SDS information pertaining to all chemicals entering the campus and the person responsible for entry of material SDS information into the 3E system.
- Process and deliver incoming/outgoing mail, distribution of interoffice mail, pickup and deliveries to and from the post office and interaction with the post office as necessary. Work includes maintaining mail box labels and areas.
- Candidate is responsible for directing all Southfield outbound shipments to approved carriers and working with vendors as necessary on foreign shipments to minimize errors that can cause delays and extra charges.
- Responsible for all documentation related to incoming and outgoing shipments and for the accurate and timely (daily) entry of required information into the appropriate electronic tracking and storage systems per accounting and finance policy including but not limited to Oracle. This includes semi-autonomous ‘receipt’ of goods in Oracle based upon packing slips.
- As a member of the Facilities Team the candidate will be cross trained to perform inside and outside maintenance assignments, including room setups and occasional A/V equipment moves.
- Ensure that shipping/receiving department operates within monthly budget parameters, including using proper shipping accounts or options, such as ‘paid by others’. Candidate is responsible for ordering and stocking packaging supplies required for the safe shipment of inter-company material, prototypes, chemicals, and hazardous materials.
- Responsible for entering Oracle Requests into the system for corporate groups to process.
- Problem solving to identify shipment owners and mail recipients when poorly identified from shipper.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer support or related business experience required.
- Ability to work the business hours of 7:30am – 4:00pm with regular overtime hours as needed
- Must be legally authorization to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Southfield, MI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associates degree in Business or Technical field from an accredited institution is preferred .
- Oracle (shipping, receiving and purchasing request entry) experience
- Fork lift operation experience
- Ability to walk/stand for most of the day
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and successfully manage urgent/high priority requests.
- Ability to effectively in a team environment .
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Able to lift 30-40lb packages.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Business Services
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time