Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
This position will be functionally responsible for designing, developing, coordinating and deploying work instructions/procedures and associated process controls for the assigned HPWT. Develop process improvements and cost control programs in their HPWT. Review customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements. Provide technical support to operations, customers, and suppliers. Guide formal problem solving for internal and external customers. Provide training/mentoring in quality toolbox. Supervise others as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Complete Sr. Quality Engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
- Define, specify, and implement quality standards and procedures for manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical advice and counsel to cross-functional teams assigned to continuous improvement, problem solving, and product development.
- Lead the development of pFMEAs and Control Plans per AIAG standard.
- Assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Process expert in corrective actions using 8D, 5 Why, and lean tools.
- Perform Customer and Third Party Audits.
- Provide technical expertise to both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards.
- Ensure these documents align with the recognized Aerospace Quality System Standard as well as Eaton Objectives, Policies and Procedures.
- Process expert in MSA and process capability studies for key and significant characteristics.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced Quality Engineers especially on quality toolbox and continuous improvement concepts.
- Act as an organizational contact for customer concerns and ensure appropriate corrective actions are deployed as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Jackson, MI facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, specifications, and requirements.
- Knowledge of assembly operations, gauging, and quality assurance systems (ISO 9001, AS9100).
- Experience in performing Quality Audits is preferred.
- Useable skills with MS Office software are preferred.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (MOQ/OE) is preferred.
- Position requires interaction with customers, customer representatives, auditors, regulatory agencies and all internal departments/functions/levels.
- Limited travel may be required (<10%)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time