Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Belmond, IA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Performs mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic repair work on plant equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs machine malfunctions and mechanical problems.
- Keeps work area clean and free of hazards – 5-S program.
- Performs preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Completes special projects as required – including design and repair work on material handling systems and other mechanical devices.
- Designs and fabricates parts to improve machine operation.
- Completes projects as directed (machine moves, modifications, installations, material handling, remodeling, work area, etc).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Previous maintenance experience
- Associates degree in related field
- Knowledge of blueprint and process sheet reading
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems
- Proficient in pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Demonstrated welding skills
- Knowledge of programmable logic controls
- Proficient in plumbing systems
- Knowledge of CNC Machines
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No