Eaton’s Life Safety and Mass Notification Solutions Division is currently seeking a Senior EHS Lead to join our team. This position is based at our Long Branch, NJ facility.
The Senior EHS Lead is responsible for providing environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the Site. In this role you will direct EHS activities; establish objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area and local regulatory requirements, ensuring documents are available in the local languages. In this role, you will maintain site ISO certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics. You will ensure; closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required employee training; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions and site security. You will create a safety culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage and direct site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. You will direct development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategies.
- Facilitate risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. You will work with the leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks. You will determine appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Support EHS goals to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results. You will assign MESH element champions and facilitates their ownership of the MESH elements. You will drive and promote zero incident EHS culture throughout site. You will create EHS engagement through employee involvement in EHS teams (Safety, Ergonomic, First Aid).
- Work with the leadership team and MESH champions to complete regular compliance evaluations and checks of federal, state, and local regulations.
- Utilize established EHS data processes such as MESH PRISM to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion. You will work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Long Branch, NJ to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Professional certifications: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager.
- Experience with industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
- Experience using software/systems for reporting EHS data and information.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time