- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Immediate opportunities within Eaton could include roles such as: Software Engineer, Embedded Controls Engineer, and other technical roles focused on driving Eaton’s capabilities in the Internet of Things (IoT) space. Long term career opportunities in these areas include both technical leadership roles and manager leadership roles. Director or Vice President positions are also within reach if your personal career aspirations are boundless.
- Currently possess or will have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, electrical, mechanical, mechatronics, industrial, industrial & systems, aerospace &/or aeronautical, engineering technology, engineering management, operations and/or manufacturing engineering, or a related major from an accredited institution, with a graduation date no later than August 2020
- Minimum of one internship or co-op experience completed with Eaton at the time of this application
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 2 or more prior internships or co-op experiences in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead others within campus and/or communitySoftware Engineering Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Firm grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Active involvement in open source development, hackathons, etc.
- Object oriented design and programming skills experience
- Development experience with Java and/or C# and/or Python and/or Scala
- Development experience with Angular and/or React and/or iOS and/or Android
- Knowledge of web services and general services designControls Engineering Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Systems or Aerospace Engineering with a control law focus from an accredited institution
- Basic understanding of control loop principles (PID controllers, feedback control, feedforward control)
- Controller Area Networks experience (e.g. SAE-J1939, CANOpen, ARINC protocols, Modbus, Ethernet)
- Communication protocol analysis tools experience (e.g. CANape and CANalyzer)
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink model based controls development
- Experience with physical system (plant) modeling
- Virtual and physical sensor application and analysis experience
- Application and control of electric machines experience
- Able to identify component symbols
- Understand basic circuit implementation
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the participant; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
This role may include travel up to 10%.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time