Our eMobility segment specializes in electrical vehicles with our expertise being in on-board convertors and chargers.
As an eMobility Program Manager, you will also drive continuous improvement and financial performance through a collaborative and entrepreneurial approach that encompasses managing customers, contracts, and cross-functional relationships. You will manage multiple high visibility programs across multiple sites and customers and will play a key role in the strategic planning processes and ultimately will be an behind establishing and achieving best-in-class program management performance for this segment.
You will be based on our site in Montrottier, near Lyon in France where 200 employees work on energy conversion systems for electrical vehicles. You will be part of the Global Programme Management Team and will report to the OPEX Project Manager of the Division.
- You will manage a cross-functional project teams to drive accountability and performance established for commercial, technical, and manufacturing readiness levels at start of production.
- You will develop and execute comprehensive project management plans that deliver on scope, schedule, and financial commitments.
- You will guide teams from project initiation through planning, executing, monitoring, and closure.
- You will influence and secure baseline business case expectations with key stakeholders in the areas of scope, benefit, cost, assumptions, risks/opportunities, key milestones, and alternate implementation scenarios.
- You will establish organizational resource plans that clearly articulate the requirements for core team member, work package approver, and decision gate committee member engagement for the project duration.
- You will coach effective cross-functional team dynamics by recognizing individual strengths and weaknesses, providing can-do feedback and mentorship, and building an atmosphere that inspires learning and recognition.
- You will use program management standard work processes, tools, systems, and performance measures to provide an operational cadence, agility and transparency during project execution.
- You will build and execute effective internal and external partner communication strategies that address customer, internal management, and core team needs for the duration of a project.
- You will effectively tailor messaging and steer project/program reviews with multiple levels of leadership to enable robust decision-making and risk mitigation.
- You will craft negotiation strategies with functional partners that meet business case commitments for both customer and supplier contract management.
- You will ensure effective change management processes and contract language is designed and applied.
- You will engage in new business proposal development by partnering on product strategy and product roadmap initiatives.
- You will strengthen skillsets in cross-functional and operational knowledge areas outside of previous domain expertise (i.e. Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering from an acquired institution
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Program Management or a combination of Program Management with Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing/SCM, or Product Development.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP).
- Previous leader of people experience.
- Experience in Requirements and Risk Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of passenger car and commercial vehicle product/markets
- Knowledge of electronics products and manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated style that is consistent with Eaton expectations of leaders (ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent, learner). Capable of managing change in a cross-functional environment that requires cross-region, site, and/or global collaboration and span.
- Fully proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies processes and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton and Customer senior management.
- Strong analytical skills and business insight.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time