Senior Accountant (Statutory)
The primary function of this role is to assist the Country Controller in ensuring its obligations are met, driving to improve and standardize Country accounting processes (both corporate and business operations).
The role provides financial leadership on statutory accounting/audits, corporation income tax and indirect tax accounting for the countries. The incumbent supports end to end process improvements projects, working with other process stakeholders to improve process efficiency, effectiveness and internal control and is a proactive business partner to Operations, enabling the Operations Finance team to focus on business issues.
This function will closely operate with various Corporate Departments (Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Legal, others), Eeaton Corporation Global Financial Accounting teams, the International Shared Service Centers and Operating divisions in Country.
You will act as a liaison with the Shared Service Center and the ledgers in the country to ensure Oracle or SAP implementation and possible migration of transaction activities to the ISSC.
You will support the Country Controller in ensuring all goals and targets associated with internal controls, internal auditing, external audit, statutory reporting and financial advice are met.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with Corporate Policy and legal requirements; function as an agent of change to improve systems and procedures. This position is responsible for successful liaison among internal audit, Eaton Corporation/Eaton HQ accounting, treasury, tax, legal and operations on matters involving both U.S. reporting and the differing local statutory accounting and tax compliance requirements.
Your key deliverables:
• Meet reporting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings - ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial results supporting the Actuals, Forecasting, Profit Plan, Strategic Plan
• Ensure compliance with Eaton financial policies, US GAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley.
• To co-ordinate and act as a consultant, in the provision of advice and technical assistance to all in-country operating divisions, EC Global Financial Accounting teams and European shared service center, on: central systems, technical accounting issues, VAT, fiscal matters, and compliance in accordance with fiscally acceptable criteria and risk management objectives
• Statutory books: ensure that the statutory books are kept in accordance with local accounting rules; management of the accounting records concerning fixed assets local book; managing the reconciliation between US GAAP books and statutory books.
• Statutory reports and audits: managing of the statutory accounts; participation in the statutory audits. Closely operate with the external providers. Involved in the BoD meeting’s minutes preparation or review.
• Manage and improve financial controls & processes while mitigating issues.
• Support Thomson Reuters statutory reporting tool implementation and ensure effective usage of the system
• Assist the Country cluster controller where needed
• Prepare and submit quarterly and annual statistical reports for entities subject to reporting requirements
• Support intercompany recharges for the EMEA region, ensuring invoicing accuracy and timeliness by working in close collaboration with the transfer pricing, supply chain, IT and treasury departments as well as global financial accounting and the shared service centers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No