Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Division Commodity Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Euclid, OH location.
The Division Commodity Buyer is an individual contributor who supports Eaton’s divisional supply chain organization driving commodity management lead and divisional supply chain lead initiatives with the suppliers, commodity managers –both in Aerospace and at Corporate, and with the plant materials teams. This position is responsible for aiding in the development of and implementing purchasing strategies to reduce the total cost of direct materials for the FMC division, while providing direct materials to support plant operations. The role will require individual to be familiar with a complete range of procurement functions. This includes the total cost analysis of materials purchased, the execution of commodity strategies, negotiations with suppliers, regulatory compliance and the ongoing management of supplier relationships.
In addition, to the procurement activities and supplier management this position will be responsible for driving cost out projects and the development and implementation of advanced replenishment strategies. This is a multisite role responsible for the commodities and suppliers as assigned to the FMC Division.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop and execute multi-site rationalization across the FMC Division of sourcing projects by preparing RFQ’s, summarizing responses, recommending sourcing decisions to commodity management and submitting those to division gate reviews for approval.
- Lead RFQ creation and execution strategically aligned with divisional and commodity goals and objectives.
- Lead commercial negotiations with suppliers seeking mutual benefits and make awards > $10k in annualized spend.
- Participate in cross-functional teams chartered with improving supplier performance and executing corrective actions and drive continuous improvement through the supply base.
- Strong familiarity with ERP systems including but not limited to MfgPro as well as Microsoft office skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple projects and execute accordingly.
- Implementation of continuous replenishment goals and objectives aligned with ERP health rules and site material requirements.
- Hold suppliers accountable to performance penalties and recovery of cost associated with non-conformances as needed and required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain in a manufacturing environment.
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
· Must reside within a 50-mile radius of the Euclid, OH location: no relocation provided.
· Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering or Supply Chain from an accredited institution
· Experience in commodity procurement and cost-out
· Experience in should cost modeling
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time