Eaton’s Vehicle Group, North American Auto is currently seeking a Production Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Roxboro, North Carolina location. Relocation is offered for this role.
Create Master Schedule by planning the anticipated customer demands with Sales/ Marketing and balance plant capacities with these requirements to ensure 100% delivery performance. Utilize MRP system to plan, procure, allocate and distribute materials for assigned product categories to ensure total customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost, while maintaining acceptable inventory levels. Serve as customer service representative to select customers. Supervise hourly personnel as assigned. Support all SRM and Lean Initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Create Master Schedule for all areas of the plant in order to achieve required customer delivery, maintain FGI stocking strategy, and achieve monthly SIOP plan.
- Interface with Customer, EAMO SRM and Production Control personnel
- Provide direction to customer service representative on any changes to material available to ship to customers, accuracy of sales orders transmitted to the plant, and communicate issues associated with customer interface.
- Interface with PLMs, Supervisors & Production Control to ensure adherence to Master Schedule
- Monitor inventory levels from the back end to front end of the plant to ensure material available supports planned production.
- Administer improved systems and procedures, encompassing new technologies both for internal benefit and to meet customer requirements
- Monitor daily production and product movement to ensure shipping commitments are met.
- Ensure accuracy of MRP system
- Maintain >99% on-time delivery to OEM’s and help develop action plans to improve when not at goal.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree from accredited institution
- Minimum of two year’s work experience in a buyer/planner role (internship and co-op experience included) or manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics or Engineering.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time