Eaton’s vehicle group is looking for a Machine Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, Nebraska facility and is located on 2nd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Monitor a bank of machines, which includes checking and gauging parts to ensure machines are running to specifications.
- Adjust machines, tooling, and wheels to keep parts within allowable tolerances.
- Assist in maintenance and changeover of machinery. This includes completing paperwork and checking gauges after changeovers to approve machines to run.
- Utilize precision gauging equipment including calipers, micrometers, dial indicators.
- Read and interpret process sheets to determine proper dimensions and gauge to use.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Understands Statistical Process Control
- Blueprint reading
- Ability to setup machinery
- Ability to read process sheets
- Visual inspection of cold and hot parts
- Entering data into computer
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No