Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing
Supervisor for 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at
our Jackson, MI facility.
The Manufacturing Supervisor 2nd Shift is responsible to lead operations for hourly employees and to drive continuous improvements in safety, quality, on-time delivery, productivity, and other cost measures through use of the Eaton Business System (EBS) tools. This position is primarily responsible for 2nd shift operations.
You will champion a Safety Culture through using MESH tools, safety best practices, and empowering all employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as all of everyone they work with Lead areas of responsibility in the use of EBS practices, including MESH, ELSS, EQS, ProLaunch, and BOS/BSC, with focus on performance of the entire value stream. Keep focus on meeting customer needs, both internal and external (Customer Centric Focus / KBKC).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Utilize the Tiered Meeting process to track and analyze key operational metrics and implement actions to improve operational performance. Direct day-to-day activities in production areas, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data, etc.
- Champion teamwork through the Continuous Improvement Framework process and use of ELSS tools to continuously improve operational performance. Participate in other CI Teams as appropriate.
- Schedule overtime and execute to labor plan and coach employees one-on-one to address performance issues and drive operator accountability.
- Establish and maintain a positive, engaged employee team sentiment through application of Eaton’s Values, Ethics, and Philosophies and empowering employees to make decisions, innovate, and work in a continuous learning environment.
- Train and develop hourly team members. Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met, additional responsibilities as assigned including periodic weekend supervision.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in operations and/or in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Jackson, MI facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in operations or manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience in Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving.
- Experience managing shop floor associates in a union environment.
- Experience in interpreting contractual language of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA).
- Experience with manufacturing processes (safety, environmental, assembly, gauging, AS9100).
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching, and influence management skills.
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many cross functional teams.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications/familiarity with MRP systems.
- Limited travel may be required (<10%).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time