RELOCATION BENEFIT OFFERED!
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician to join our team. The position is based at our Van Wert, Ohio facility.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible to build, rebuild, trouble shoot, and repair all industrial production machinery to company standards. Maintain machinery to company standards. Work with maintenance and production leaders to establish task selection and priority. Work safely at all times and attend appropriate training seminars. Maintain and improve skills through cross training and seminars.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Learn, apply, and retain new techniques, concepts and procedures required for continuously improving products, processes, services, deliveries and overall quality.
- Need to read and understand blue prints, control plans, routers, job instructions and measurement tools.
- Maintain flexibility to be able to move from work area to work area in order to meet the delivery expectations of the customers and the productivity goals for the plant. Able to work efficiently to establish standards without constant supervision.
- Work with PLC, PC, and CNC controls effectively as needed for maintenance
- Use all types of hand tools and power tools, electrical testing equipment, moving machines and construction equipment.
- Build, rebuild, and trouble shoot repairs for all facility machinery to company standard.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must have completed a Federal or State Certified Multi-craft Maintenance OR Machine Repair Apprenticeship OR a minimum of two (2) years documented experience working in the trade.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Must have completed a Federal or State Certified Multi-craft Maintenance or Machine Repair Apprenticeship or a minimum of four (4) years documented experience working in the trade.
- Electro-hydraulic troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and interpret ladder logic
Position Success Criteria:
- Must understand Total Productive Mfg (TPM) philosophy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Notepad)
- Must have PC skills in order to operate software utilized for our maintenance management (Mainsaver)
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Able to plan and organize effectively
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico