Eaton’s Electrical facility is currently seeking a Contracts Risk Manager to join our team in Warrendale, Pennsylvania or Raleigh, North Carolina!
The Contracts Risk Manager will lead the project risk management framework and will also lead the mitigation of sell-side/buy-side business term contractual risks for the for Engineering Services Commercial Turnkey Project Business and other EESS departments as necessary.
The Contracts Risk Manager is accountable for developing the contractual risk mitigation process with our Technical Application Support, Project Operations and Contracts organizations. They will serve as an integral resource during the review of contractual business terms during the proposal and post award phases to ensure the business is consistently approaching sell-side and buy-side contractual business term risks across the division. Before customer, subcontractor, and vendor contracts are accepted the Project Risk Manager will review to identify Eaton exposure to risk and also identify flowdowns to ensure they are incorporated. Upon acceptance of the terms the Project Risk Manager will summarize and communicate non-standard commitments to the project team to ensure compliance. The Project Risk Manager will also own the risk management framework, ensure the development and usage of the risk management framework by working with the project team risk subject matter expert designate and accounting designate to summarize and report out on consolidated project risk financial impacts for high value projects. This role will have regular interaction with senior leadership team including regular report outs of the project risk portfolio.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Accountable for identifying business term risks and providing solutions for sell-side contracts during the proposal stage, including participating in vetting calls, deal kick-offs/reviews, sell-side terms negotiations and review of final proposals to account for risks.
- Perform consolidation of non-standard terms and conditions commitments from sell-side contracts for the purpose of supporting the order-handoff to the projects team including the participation in the Project Kick-off meetings.
- Support the proposal team, project team and supply chain team with the identification of key contractual flow downs to support supplier bid process, PO & Subcontract Agreement submissions.
- Deploy Project Risk Management framework including training the organization on usage of Project Risk Registers, coach Project Team Risk SME designate on Risk Management principles and interpretation of risk register data. Consolidate Project Risk Registers for Accounting Team and Senior Leadership to Review and apply Monte Carlo Analysis to support Risk Reserves.
- Own, review and revise Risk Assessment Worksheet (RAW) used as part of the proposal process. Train Technical Application Support, Sales and Project Teams on proper completion of the RAW.
- Document the Risk Management Procedure and review regularly for improvements. Perform process checks and communications to ensure compliance to Risk Management Procedure
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution.
- 5 years of industry experience working for Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) organization involved in Large Construction Projects in the contract review or risk management capacity.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Warrendale, Pennsylvania to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Master's degree in business administration, or a related business discipline from an accredited institution.
- PMP certification
- Knowledge and understanding of sell-side contracts, buy-side subcontracts, and/or PMBOK Risk Management Framework.
- Excellent communication skills, a self-starter with drive to build out new processes, attention to detail, and accountable.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No