Sr. Engineer NPD #075160
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Sr. Engineer NPD in Eaton’s Electrical business, based in Pondicherry, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Eletrical business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Responsible to get specs from sales/customers, convert specifications to design requirements, propose design and develop the solution.
- Should develop validation plan and perform UPS & component level tests.
- Support sales team for technical clarifications to participate in tenders.
- Support service team to address field failures with root cause analysis and FMEA.
- Do product benchmarking and identify gaps and propose design ideas to enable the business to plan and position products at expected price in the market.
- Propose innovative ideas to reduce the product design and manufacturing cost.
- Embedded firmware development using C language will be an added advantage. Should be able to develop and modify the UPS and LCD display code.
If you are:
- Engineering Degree - B.Tech or BE
- Min. 5years experience on Power Electronic Related Products
- Good knowledge of UPS topologies and power devices such as IGBT, MOSFET, DIODE and Integrated circuit.
- Firmware development using C language.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time