Eaton’s Power Reliability division is currently seeking a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC Loc 3 facility.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for driving operational excellence through process improvements and factory automation. In this role, you will be responsible for day to day support of the manufacturing team as well as longer-term strategic planning and project management. You will be called upon to research and identify potential process and automation improvements and to prioritize department opportunities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead efforts to proactively identify process and factory automation improvements which deliver Safety, Quality, Productivity, and reduced Cost targets.
- Prioritize safety and develop solutions for open concerns.
- Drive factory automation through the development of design specifications, programs, simulations and test processes. Provide start-up assistance for automation and control systems design in a manufacturing environment.
- Provide day to day support for the manufacturing team, including troubleshooting for assembly, material, tooling, or engineering concerns.
- Develop or purchase manufacturing equipment, fixtures, and tooling.
- Create and Improve manufacturing documentation, including operator method sheets (work instructions), standard work, and other instruction.
- Employ Value Stream Maps to evaluate process current state and plan/execute future state.
- Identify, design, justify, quote and Implement Cost Reduction projects in line with change management process.
- Utilize lean tools, kaizen, and six sigma - train the production team.
- Manage capital spend projects for production equipment.
- Lead CI / OPEX focused initiatives to achieve established SQDCME objectives.
- Participate with multi-functional product development teams to ensure manufacturability of new designs through the ProLaunch process and Preventative Maintenance Optimization process.
- Analyze equipment downtime to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs; applies technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop equipment, fixturing, procedures, processes, tooling and/or automation.
- Assess process capabilities, identifies improvement opportunities and integrates new processes & equipment to maximize manufacturing throughput and velocity.
- Identify resource needs for the plant, assist in preparing budgets and major appropriation requests.
- Provide engineering support as required for maintenance department, engineering and product testing labs.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals and philosophies and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Product Engineering to implement new production processes, which meet engineering and quality specifications.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
Minimum of (5) five years of engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Must be authorized to work in The United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics from an accredited university.
- Proven experience in PLC logic and programming with PLCs: Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, C(+) programming and configuration of software packages.
Technical understanding and proven experience with Lean Manufacturing Systems and Six Sigma methodology.
Knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing processes including assembly and pull systems.
Demonstrated project management experience.
Experience with MRP systems , MS Office including Visio, and AutoCAD.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time