Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Production Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Vicksburg, Mississippi location.
This person will utilize their expertise in plans and preparing production schedules for manufacture of LED & HID lighting products.
The Planner is responsible for coordinating the material supply to the product line cell assigned by the elaboration of a master production schedule. To make sure the correct raw materials get supplied on time for production to meet customer requirements. The Planner must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills through effective communication and coordination with multiple group (including Operation, Customer Services, Finance, and Purchasing).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Align and set priorities for resources and shared resources across factory to maximize efficiency and material to ensure customer ship schedules on time.
- Accumulate daily parts/material information to analyze and establish dates to meet and exceed customer delivery requirements.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams including: Customer Service, Engineering, Quality, Operations and Purchasing.
- Own metrics of manufacturing on-time delivery (OTTC), through-put, and past due order reduction.
- Daily maintenance to SAP production orders based on the exception list message, reschedule, cancel and follow-up.
- Follow-up to assure production completion to service orders Commit, OPGI, TOP ship date.
- Participate in and lead business processes improvement events such Continuous Improvement Framework, kaizens and workshops in orders to improve processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and techniques which will improve the scheduling function.
- Actively participate in process improvement and create/adhering to standard work.
- Establish optimal internal procurement strategies to achieve desired service, while utilizing just in time inventory management philosophies.
- Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer services levels and reduce costs through regular review of inventory planning parameters that includes min & max values, number of Kanban.
- Manage assigned projects utilizing a cross functional team.
- Review the 5-day forecast and plan production with support of manufacturing team.
- Review and investigate excess stock and obsolescence and manage disposal.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution.
· Minimum of six (6) to twelve (12) months of SAP experience.
· Minimum of six (6) to twelve (12) months of direct planning /scheduling experience is required.
· No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 60 miles of Vicksburg, MS to be considered
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· Two (2) years manufacturing experience working as a planner or scheduler.
· Two to five (2-5) years SAP experience
· Expert knowledge with Microsoft Excel.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time