Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading the lean transformation across the organization. In this role, you will execute the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements as well as tooling layout, design& implementation to production, support production team with process improvements & troubleshooting, work with product design on new product tooling & processes, factory layout, and continuous improvement activities (kaizen events, use of six sigma tools, 5S etc.).
The incumbent will participate in new product development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules, acting as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer. Interact with Design Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain teams to ensure design for manufacturability of new products. Participates in design review process.
You will develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices while working to understand shop capacity planning related to equipment, processes, and manning, while remaining mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead continuous improvement and lean implementation using Eaton Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) to eliminate waste, reduce process variations and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Facilitate kaizen events including the Value Stream Mapping Events, process improvements, and strategic initiatives in collaboration with the High Performance Work Teams (HPWT).
- Determine Root Cause and Corrective Actions to resolve issues involving discrepant product or material.
- Manage projects and conducts project reviews as needed to ensure successful and timely completion, within budget. Communicates changes and progress status.
- Assist in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies as required.
- You will implement methods and practices to reduce variation, demonstrating the ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in Engineering/Operations (co-op/internship experience included).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical role (Quality, Operations, Supply Chain, Design Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, Production Supervision).
- Previous experience implementing or supporting lean activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience with Pro/E, Catia, and Microsoft.
- Previous project management experience.
- Prior exposure to new product integration (NPI).
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical skills.
- Ability to proactively seek support from Chief Engineers or Subject Matter Experts.
- Ability to adapt and react quickly to internal and external customer demands.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes and material selection for engineering design.
- Ability to demonstrate good technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve major program obstacles to maintain overall schedule objectives and to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Ability to provide leadership, encouragement, mentoring, and coaching to co-workers. Provides direction to other engineers on project teams.
- Ability to plan and lead multiple simultaneous projects. Establishes and oversees accomplishment of multiple project objectives.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and managers to determine key goals, objectives, and corresponding metrics.
- Ability to review and amend these goals and objectives as appropriate. Focuses on the timely achievement of these goals and objectives.
- Ability to support targets and milestones for project budgets and schedules. Participates in resolving program change of scope issues with Engineering Lead and Program Management.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time