Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid Electrical Distribution is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team. This position is based at our Chelsea, MA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will coordinate the recruitment process for open salary & hourly positions and assistance in the selection and promotion process of the factory hourly workforce.
- You will support day to day employee relations issues. Coach and counsel employees, front line leaders on employee relations matters. Maintain a consistent process for dispute resolution between employees and/or management.
- You will support efforts to accomplish the overall goals and objectives of Human Resources Department
- You will coordinate and manage employee orientation program for new employees and employees transferring into facility.
- You will maintain and assist in executing affirmative action and EEO plans to meet federal, state and corporate guidelines
- You will oversee and maintain hourly time tracking in AutoTime.
- You will oversee leaves of absences; worker’s compensation claims; maintaining compliance to applicable labor laws.
- You will ensure plant compliance
with governmental regulations pertaining to Affirmative Action, Americans with
Disabilities Act and Family Medical Leave Act
Essential EHS Responsibilities:
- You will create a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes. Facilitate risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Work with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- You will review plant environmental permits and ensures terms and conditions are understood and complied with, ensures required documentation is maintained and required regulatory reports are submitted to the respective agency, e.g., air discharge permits, storm water discharge permits, local waste water permits.
- You will work to assign MESH (safety management) element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements. Drive and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site. Create and facilitates EHS engagement through the Safety Committee, safety related kaizen events, and weekly Gemba walks needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- You will work with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance of EHS local, state and federal regulations.
- You will create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion. Participate in the Corporate EHS assessment process.
- You will ensure all facilities, grounds and equipment issues are addressed in an efficient and timely manner. Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in either an HR or EHS generalist role in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Health & Safety; or related discipline.
- CSP certification
- PHR certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time