We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
As a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion, Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. We have approximately 95,000 employees across the world, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
The Aerospace Sales Talent Program is a two-year program within Eaton’s Aerospace Group. The participant will learn the value cycle processes applicable to the highly technical industry. Each participant will develop product knowledge, and will be exposed to the management of a large sales team. During the first year of the 2 year program, participants will be assigned to Eaton’s Aerospace Headquarters in Irvine, CA. During the second year of the program, participants will either remain in Irvine or relocate to one of the US aerospace locations. Upon completion of the program, participants will transition to a specific U.S. sales territory where they will leverage their training and extensive network to sell products, solutions and value to aircraft manufacturers, Tier 1 system providers, distributors and end use customers.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Currently possesses, or will have obtained a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a graduation date no later than August 2020
- Minimum of one internship or co-op experience completed at the time of this application
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Development Program
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Engineering, Business Administration, or Marketing degree
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 2 or more relevant Internship or co-op experiences
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or community
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to speak second language
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time