The primary function of this position is to be responsible for creating and managing demand for microgrid and energy storage solutions in Africa. The role manages both new and existing customers to maintain an active pipeline of microgrid projects from initial stages through project execution, including; initial sales presentations, gathering of customer site data for microgrid feasibility assessments and system design, preparation of budgetary quotations, proposal packaging, solution presentations, contract negotiation, and ongoing customer support.
- Analysis of proposal requirements and project manager/sales team developed scope of work.
- Detailed development and design of proposed systems and services.
- Development and presentation of value cases, models, and business justifications
- Price proposal development.
- Working closely with application engineers to write formal technical proposal documents.
- Interfacing with internal and external vendors on specifications and pricing.
- Developing integrated submittal and O&M packages.
- Defining and supporting commissioning and training requirements.
- Ensuring technical clarity for customer opportunity sales meetings.
- Support trade shows, conferences, and technical paper presentations.
- Initiate and support Sales Organizations in lead development.
- Formulate and implement sales and marketing strategy to achieve business objectives.
- Systematically analyze market dynamics, customers, and competitors’ activities, and provide input / feedback to marketing and business development.
- Educate customers on the benefits and application of microgrids and energy storage.
- Give customer presentations via joint customer visits with various sales channels and to end-users, or other sales channels to help educate and promote Eaton microgrid project / service capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - able to represent Eaton technically both externally and internally.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in electrical products and/or engineered solutions, experience in renewable energy and/or microgrids highly preferred.
- Experience generating quotations and working with pricing/negotiations.
- Legally authorized to work in the South Africa without company sponsorship (Professionally registered with ECSA).
- Ability to travel frequently within South Africa and surrounding region
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time