Location: Espoo, Finland
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton manufactures 3-phase UPS devices for the EMEA market at our facility in Espoo.
As a Purchasing Manager you will be managing and developing purchasing and material management in co-operation with Eaton Category Managers and other functions. The main area is the direct materials and secondarily in-direct purchases to the plant and general support for procurement in the site. You will also have a people management responsibility, managing a team of buyers.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor or Master degree
· The ability to ensure product availability through inventory administration activities
· The knowledge of forecasting, demand planning, scheduling, and inventory management tools and concepts
· The knowledge of Supply Chain Continuity Planning
· The negotiation competency
· Part Approval Process Awareness competency
· The ability to effectively source supplier products and services as well as manage the performance of the selected supplier
· Commodity Management experience
· People management experience
· Fluency in English and Finnish
· Experience within manufacturing type of industry
We would like to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in a dynamic organisation
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Culture & Values - at Eaton, our values and culture define who we are
- Inclusion & Diversity - openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time