(Location: Sincan - Ankara)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Finance and Accounting Manager, you will be a key member of the Eaton-Ulusoy finance team. You will report directly to the Plant Controller and will provide leadership of the accounting function, as well as conformance to US GAAP, corporate financial policies, and legal requirements. You will be instrumental to support Plant Controller in managing financial performance of the business in Turkey. You will prepare the reporting on monthly results and providing account details to support bridges and commentary packages. You will lead administrative process improvements within the operation, create and implement procedures to improve the internal control environment, streamlines efforts and provides increased transparency of financial results. You will be responsible for building organizational capability to support US GAAP Accounting responsibilities by hiring and developing finance personnel.
- Coordinate and complete the monthly closing process according to prescribed Eaton corporate and operational timelines.
- Continue planning and organizing the progressive transition of day-to-day accounting activities from Turkish GAAP to US GAAP and build the team and processes that will support the move.
- Supervise Accounts Payable and Account Receivable including maintenance of supplier master file and adherence to negotiated terms.
- Develop and communicate ad hoc reports, including for cost control, and provide related recommendations.
- Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency and transparency.
- Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop and implement financial systems to provide timely and relevant information to Eaton-Ulusoy operations, division and corporate management and cost control.
- Ownership of account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of general ledger and its supporting sub-systems.
- Assess adequacy of reserves and overall financial reporting.
- Ensure adequate training and oversight is provided to all finance personnel to ensure account reconciliations meet Eaton’s requirements.
- Provide support for the Balance Sheet Review process.
- Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policy, including SOX.
- Manage training and development of Eaton-Ulusoy accounting staff.
- Establish a work environment that encourages individual career development and growth in order to provide adequate and qualified financial professionals opportunity for advancement.
- Ensure all finance responsibilities are defined and communicated throughout the operation with specific responsibilities and appropriate timing.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies and ethics.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, ideally in disciplines such as Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting etc.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a relevant Finance / Accounting / Reporting role
- Knowledge of accounting systems and US GAAP reporting
- Knowledge of SAP use as it relates to Finance & Accounting
- Fluency in English
- Experience in managing Finance teams previously
- Ideally experienced in a Manufacturing environment
- Good change management skills to drive sustained cultural change
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate complex topics in an effective and concise manner
Then we want to hear from you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Working in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- Engaging work environment – safety, inclusiveness and ethics are really important for us
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No