If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer Embedded Firmware (RTOS) based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Engineer who can develop the next-generation technology solutions that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and devices.
· As a member of creative, motivated and talented team, we need Engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things & work on creation of platforms for product applications and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
· You will be responsible for contributing technologies which can change the economics of communication and IoT software.
· You will design embedded systems, generate IP, plan and execute field trials to understand their needs, and work closely with the team to assess business impact and constraints.
· You must be proficient with current firmware development technology, tools and practices, and have capabilities to quickly learn and develop a large set of communication protocol technologies, languages C, C++, RTOS and concurrent software development
· Contribute to the software development efforts through the design and implementation of world class, high-performance platform firmware based on RTOS.
· Evaluate business and technical requirements and identify new solutions.
· Work directly with stakeholders, engineering and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
· Propose and implement innovative and competitive technical solutions that make significant business impacts and provide value to stakeholders.
· Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews.
· Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
· Author high-quality unit-tested code.
· Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical or Engineering
- 3+ years as a software developer utilizing object-oriented design techniques on embedded systems.
- 2+ years of extensive experience in embedded C, C++ programming, data structures on embedded system.
- 2+ years of experience developing device drivers and HAL for various microprocessor families (ARM Cortex or ESP32 based processor preferred).
- 1+ years of experience in the development of software for network-enabled products/devices (any one of device level IP communication including Industrial Ethernet protocols like EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, Profinet, BACnet IP, 61850 and or device level field bus technologies -Modbus, Device Net, Profibus DP, BACNet, REST is preferred. will be a plus).
- Experience with RTOS platforms for embedded devices.
- Experience in an Agile design methodology.
- Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering.
- Strong problem solving and embedded software debugging skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication, including the ability to explain technical concepts.
- Improve engineering design and product support processes.
- Performs and contributes to technical research & investigations.
- Proficiency with configuration/change management processes and tools
- Experience working on device level connectivity platforms.
- Product development experience with either of IoT, cloud connectivity, machine to machine protocols such as MQTT, LWM2M, Web socket, CoAP.
- Exposure to cyber security and experience with cyber security compliance implementation
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only