Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Assembler to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Milton Canada facility.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, this position will be responsible for interpreting the information documents in order to determine parts needed, create parts using prescribed and non-prescribed standards, mechanically assemble, modify complex components, sub-assemblies and assemblies for the Milton production lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assemble cabinets structures, with standard and non-standard modifications, building a structure on the jig following job package with standard and minor modifications,
- Assembling/installing horizontal and vertical bus as per the job package with standard and non-standard modifications.
- Assist M02/M03s with checking MI information for standard and non-standard Custom SWBD structures ensuring the product is available for assembly when required to meet corporate On Time goals.
- Maintain the accuracy of the BOH inventory of stocked materials cycle counting, identify stocked material, matching package labels to the actual material description and quantity, managing material transactions using the hand withdrawal process, preventing material shortages and contributing to corporate Balance On Hand inventory goals.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the internal KANBAN system, following set procedures for properly labelling each bin and bin location, using components allocated or stored specific to each job and triggering KanBan cards as each bin is emptied prevent material shortages and contribute to corporate Days On Hand inventory goals.
- Partner with Marketing/MI to assist in the development of standard method sheets providing feedback and input to new/revised test procedures/standard method sheets ensure conformance to customer requirements.
- Actively take a leadership role and mentor/train less experienced staff as required, sharing technical and process expertise, implementing training materials, assisting in the development of M02/M03s.
- Fork-lift, as required (Internal Eaton certification) to install custom parts and maneuver completed assemblies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent level of education from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within an 80-kilometer radius of the work location will be considered
- Minimum 1 year of experience with power tools, working on ladders
- Minimum 1 year of experience reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics
- Experience as a Team Lead or Supervisor
- Demonstrated continuous learning through cross training, learning new skills and refreshing prior skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational and problem-solving skills
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No