Eaton’s vehicle group is looking for a 2nd Shift Machine Operator (3:00pm – 11:30pm) to join our team! This position is based at our Hastings, NE facility.
This position is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operation of various machining equipment and to ensure compliance with all quality standards of finished parts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Monitor and maintain CNC equipment, manual and automatic gauging systems, robots, gantries and material handling systems operations.
- Congruently, you will perform all checks called out on Inspection Plans and gauging functions to ensure machines are running within specifications.
- Utilize blueprints, diagrams and schematics to determine proper dimensions and gauges to use.
- Utilize calipers, micrometers and other inspection devices to gauge parts. You will set and verify gauges.
- Perform adjustments to machines and tooling to keep parts within allowable tolerances.
- Conduct operator-related preventative maintenance and cleaning as required.
- Perform machine changeovers and change tool inserts as needed.
- Insure that job operations maintain or improve product quality.
- Work directly with other Line Personnel, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Leadership Team members to problem solve and correct production-related issues.
- Adhere to and comply with all ISO 14001/EHS, TS 16949 standards, procedures, and guidelines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Hastings, NE will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum two years working knowledge of production environment machinery operation, including ability to run, set-up and change-over equipment or related education.
- Familiarity with blueprints, diagrams and schematics to determine proper dimensions and gauges to use is preferred.
- Experience with various measuring instrumentation such as calipers and micrometers to gauge parts
- Ability to trouble-shoot production related problems.
- Working knowledge of hand tools, diagrams, work instruction, blue prints, process gauges, and measuring instruments.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No