Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Deburrer on 1st shift to join our team. The position is based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
This position will be responsible for deburring complex parts and visually inspect for defects while maintaining manufacturing productivity and standards. Parts may include multiple manufacturing process steps within the deburr operations. Ensure quality compliance of all parts following customer specifications and internal drawings and procedures. May train more junior staff in deburr procedures.
In this function you will:
- Perform complex manual deburring with tight quality tolerances. .
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blue prints, customer specifications, internal drawings and procedures for complex parts.
- Be able to manually generate radius requirements at internal cross hole intersections, slots and cast features using required “deburring” tools and microscope.
- Visually inspect parts determining defects (i.e. machining operations, rust vs. heat-treat scale, etc.) and advise supervision of issues.
- Examine parts for completeness
- Perform majority of manual deburr operations
- Maintain manufacturing productivity and safety standards.
- Selects proper implement among various deburr tools, knives and equipment to correctly perform prescribed functions on drawing.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA facility will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time