Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to join our 1st Shift team on the LVA Copper Layout team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
The primary function of the Copper Technician is to use Computer Aided 2D Design (CAD) and 3D Inventor software to develop motions, clearances and other involved features of an apparatus or customer equipment design.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Calculate fits, tolerances, strengths, weights, electrical, circuit parameters and similar items. Anticipate manufacturing and/or customer requirement and problems and develop design solutions. Fabricate more complex (model) prototypes; set up more complex laboratory tests or experiments requiring resourcefulness and creativity.
- Coordinate the drafting work and be responsible for all drawings pertinent to design of customer order project; consult with engineers or managers on problems relating to a design or customer order project; gather, review and interpret data for presentation to engineers or managers; and consult with other departments as required to obtain or provide information.
- Assist colleagues on shop floor in checking both for accuracy and adherence to established procedures.
- Check work to assure conformance with Asheville Plant's quality standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associates Degree in technical field from an accredited institution required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Arden, NC (50 miles) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Drafting and Design from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Copper Installer
- Understanding of LVA Switchgear
- You will need an understanding of math, physics, chemistry, machine design and electrical theory; understanding of CAD and basic drafting principles.
- You will need to have a demonstrated proficiency in problem solving techniques and ability to troubleshoot customer or manufacturing problems in the data gathering mode as well as seek guidance for solutions.
- Must be proficient with key computer programs – Microsoft Office, CAD, Inventor 3D, Internet, etc.
- Must be able to work mandated/scheduled overtime which could include weekdays and weekends
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time