Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Material Handler on 1st shift to join our team. The position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
A Receiving Material Handler is responsible for the inspection of all incoming materials. This includes verifying the quality and quantity of received material as well as the physical and systematic transfer of those materials to warehouse storage locations. Receiving material handlers ensure that the flow of incoming materials are processed and transferred correctly.
- Perform cycle counts of received materials. Resolve all errors by research and auditing of transactions.
- Properly utilize material handling equipment (Pallet jack, Forklift, and Aerial Lift) to transport and locate materials to move materials from receiving area to designated storage location.
- Work on projects and special assignments, material relocation and consolidation, as required.
- Receive, document, store all materials to satisfy inventory requirements.
- Support warehouse requirements, as necessary. Overtime is sometimes needed in order to accomplish all required tasks.
- Wrap and band materials to minimize damage during storage in order to create a safe work environment.
- Apply labels, stickers, and stencils as required for identification and ease of storage.
- Comply with all safety requirements including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Utilize SAP for material handler transactions
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED) from an accredited institution required.
- Must be able to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
- 1 year manufacturing or warehouse/distribution experience is required
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Aurora, CO will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Knowledge of processes and procedures related to steel and bus fabrication, purchasing, receiving, shipping, and inventory control is preferred.
- Broad range of knowledge in materials planning, scheduling, receiving, shipping, and tracking systems is desired.
- RF Scanner experience
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends with advanced notice.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Attention to detail and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
- Ability to perform all job functions in adherence to Eaton’s philosophy and values, policies as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
- Technical aptitude (ability to read wiring diagrams, technical drawings and materials documentation).
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format in English
- Candidate must be certified or willing to be certified in the operation of forklifts, cranes, and yard trucks to transport and locate equipment and materials to required areas.
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No