Eaton’s Corporate Hydraulics Americas Division is seeking a Lead Financial Analyst. The Lead Financial Analyst will be based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The position will partner with the Americas finance management team to lead and manage all Americas Hydraulic operations from a finance functional perspective. The Financial Analyst works collaboratively with business resources across the operations, supporting monthly reporting, review, and forecasting cycles, as well as general accounting requirements. This role provides an excellent learning opportunity with a broad geographic and business scope and visibility to management. The Financial Analyst supports the business in decision-making processes, by providing forward-looking insight to the senior management team, and ensuring alignment of planned actions and targets in the financial forecast.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Drive efficiencies through process improvements by business partnering with plant controllers and their finance teams and ensures alignment across the region.
- Provide ownership of critical elements of the closing, mid-month reporting, forecasting, and annual Profit Planning processes.
- Review operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned goals as well as document meaningful variance analysis commentary for management.
- Serve as a business partner when reviewing specific segments of the income statement or balance sheet, identifying risks and opportunities to drive management action.
- Manage the monthly reporting, forecasting and results of multiple plants with focus on P&L results, balance sheet variances, material prices, cost out, performance measures and action planning.
- Support strategic business initiatives to ensure change implementation is executed in accordance with Eaton financial policies, US GAAP, and local statutory requirements.
- Support internal controls processes for operations such as action closure from audits, Physical Inventory tracking, Design Self Assessments (DSAs), Balance Sheet Review (BSR), account reconciliations and system access reviews.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- MBA from an accredited institution
- Three (3) years of experience in industrial manufacturing industry/ direct plant experience
- Understanding of GAAP and standard cost accounting experience preferred
- Strong written communication and oral communication skills required, must be able to gauge the needs of a variety of internal customers and adapt delivery style or level of detail as appropriate
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, adds value and deliver results
- Results-oriented, dependable, and personally accountable for work quality and timeliness
- Focused, excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Strong interpersonal skills and organization savvy required: teaming, collaborating, coaching, thought-provoking assumptions and giving corrective feedback with tact and respect, sharing knowledge
- Ability to work alone and with a team; to communicate articulately, and professionally across many organizational levels; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
- Ethical; operates with high regard to integrity and trust
- Change agent; demonstrated ability to improve processes and eliminate waste; Six Sigma or Lean experience desired
- Business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Customer focus (internal and external customers)
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Systems skills/experience desired: Oracle Financials, MfgPro ERP, Longview Solutions Khalix, Cognos
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has more than 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time