Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Credit Analyst to join our team in Moon Township, PA!
Analyze customer financial condition and authorize customer credit lines, minimize bad debt risk, maximize accounts receivable collections, assist with order management, provide customer service, reconcile customer statements/billings, participate in process improvement projects, and support other management directives as prescribed. This position will also be in charge of driving resolution of invoice and contractual disputes. Will be responsible for communicating CCFS department and Eaton policies to internal and external customers. Position will provide root cause reporting to the management team. May also support special project initiatives as determined by management.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
In this function you will:
- Assess credit risk and establish/recommends credit limits in accordance with established limits of authority matrix.
- Negotiate customer discrepancies or disputes to resolution and document root cause.
- Analyze customer financial statements.
- Provide financial order management support to control credit exposure, effect timely payment, and minimize risk of customer disputes.
- Develop relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers and provide customer service support.
- Follow up with internal and external customers to ensure prompt payment of receivables.
- Maintain accurate credit files and collection files. Maintain electronic collection notes for each customer account.
- May be responsible for training new credit team members and others as needed.
- Document root causes of issues that cause receivable aging. Report findings to management and suggest possible courses of action to remedy
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years accounting/credit experience.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Moon Township, PA. will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related area preferred.
- Customer service experience
- Experience with letters of credit and other risk mitigation tools
- Strong skill set in Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Systems (GetPaid/Oracle/SAP/Vista)
- Ability to apply basic accounting principles in the interpretation of customer financial statements.
- Strategic thinking demonstrating effective evaluation and problem-solving skills
- Strong business writing and professional communication skills.
- Customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others' decision making.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make decisions under minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates effective customer service skills
- Negotiating skills.
- Strong organizational skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time