Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Material Handler Level 1 to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Maintain ownership of material distribution, sorting, organization, and allocation in the production area.
- Operate forklifts, hand lifts, and other relevant power lifts to transport material from one location to another in our facility.
- Adhere to regulatory and facility safety guidelines while on-site.
- Maintain an organized and clear work area and make sure that aisles are free from obstruction.
- Organize pallets of material before moving them throughout the facility.
- Support continuous improvement, safety, quality, lean, and 5S initiatives.
- Will sometimes be asked to lift fairly heavy items that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- Minimum 1 year of experience driving a forklift and working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Communication, organization, and the ability to closely follow verbal and written instructions
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No