Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking an Electrical Tester on 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility. *Relocation Assistance is provided.
The Electrical Tester will set up, operate and maintain a variety of test equipment to perform electrical, electronic and mechanical tests on Low Voltage Assembly (LVA) products. Ensure a safe work environment for self and others; take initiative in identifying safety improvement opportunities. Component testing including but not limited to partial discharge testing of power electronic devices, firmware flashing, and application loading of printed circuit boards and controllers. Testing equipment using up to 33,000 volt and ensuring equipment meets customer specifications as well as safety and quality requirements. Helping in the design and maintenance of test equipment
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Analyze data to determine compliance with test standards and record data and write reports; process paperwork timely, accurately, and with accountability and follow procedures with accuracy, efficiently and with strict attention to details.
- Troubleshoot various problems that could occur during course of test; requires Tester to think critically to solve complex problems.
- Use multimeters, voltmeters, hipot test equipment, digital oscilloscope, PC based monitoring, stand-alone RTD temperature monitoring system, and Variac’s.
- You will component testing including but not limited to partial discharge testing of power electronic devices, firmware flashing, and application loading of printed circuit boards and controllers.
- Develop rapport and establish relationships with customers, engineers, and manufacturing team.
- Responsible for assisting with product qualifying testing for 3rd party standards committees and continuously improve work environment processes; Kaizens, Lean, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair warranty and non-warranty customer returned material
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution in Electrical/Electronic or Engineering OR 2 years of Electrical Testing experience
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Associate’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or equivalent military experience
- Previous work experience troubleshooting electrical and/or mechanical problems
- Must be willing to relocate to Arden, NC if not local
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only