Eaton is currently seeking an Assembly Technician to join our 2nd shift team. This position is based at our Shawnee, OK facility.
Assembles parts to form complete units or subassemblies at a bench, conveyor line, or at an assigned location. Uses hand tools, small power tools, and other special equipment. Refers to technical drawings and written directions. Reassembles or reworks units as required. Provides guidance to less experienced light assembler as needed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Communicate with peers, area supervisor and area engineer to ensure a quality product and internal/external Customer satisfaction.
- Perform scrap and time card entries at the end of each shift.
- Read and use routing sheets, ATS specifications, and assembly/test instructions and booklets to properly assemble and test hydraulic motors. Use routing sheets, operating instructions, and surface appearance templates to properly assemble gerolers/geroters. Troubleshoot issues.
- Properly select, assemble and identify characteristics of parts involving the pressing bearings, fitting and alignment of shafts, seating seals, spacers, and retainers.
- Visually inspect parts for defects and adjust/align parts for proper fit as needed.
- Properly use and maintain all gauging and assembly equipment.
- Perform supportive maintenance duties.
- Perform cell housekeeping duties on each shift along with provisional standards meeting 5-S requirements.
- Perform tasks as necessary to meet other ELS requirements, i.e. set-up reduction, CFM, error proofing, etc.
- Perform procedures necessary to ensure compliance with the Eaton Safety Process and ensure the personal safety of the incumbent including eye safety, hearing conservation, machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, SDS procedures, and OHSA regulations.
- Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing departmental and plant goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Meet standards as communicated by supervisor
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
A high school diploma or G.E.D
A minimum of 6 months manufacturing or repair experience in similar production environment OR Completed Vocational School training, which includes comparable experience.
Demonstrate basic computer data entry skills.
Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents
Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed, in a teamwork environment
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Shawnee, OK will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation..
Demonstrate basic mechanical aptitude and understanding of assembly terminology
Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in documents such as geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as safely bend, stoop, reach and use ladder up to 8 hours a day, occasionally up to 12 hours a day
Vision to accurately read all necessary production documents and computer monitor screens
Ability to lift 30 lbs. frequently and occasionally 50 lbs. or more (*essential: lift 30 lbs. regularly, not above shoulder height, to the extent that limited jobs with this requirement exist).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No