Eaton’s Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division of the Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Lead Human Resources Generalist to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary responsibility of this highly visible team member is to drive HR functional excellence and overall business process improvement. The qualified individual will provide direction and support to the employee base, and develop, implement, and maintain HR programs and initiatives. The Lead HR Generalist will lead and/or assist with facilitating improvement teams, training, recruiting, coaching, affirmative action planning, compensation management, and employee relations for 500+ employees.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Support the Human Resources Manager in deploying HR policies, programs and initiatives including but not limited to employment, compensation, training, talent acquisition and development and work practices to improve the organization capability and bringing top talent into the organization.
- Develop and execute the HR strategy for employee engagement, manager effectiveness, performance management, communications, reward and recognition, wellness and diversity.
- Assist managers and employees of client groups in understanding and applying HR tools to improve organization performance and to drive culture.
- Support daily employee related activities and processes to promote positive employee relations.
- Conduct recruiting process including interviews and selection, insuring compliance with all regulatory guidelines, laws and goals set by the organization
- Collaborate with HR Services on all transactional HR matters. Ensure integrity in all HR systems with timely and accurate data entry and frequent audits.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 4 years human resources experience required OR Master’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 2 years of human resources experience required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- MBA with HR focus or Master of Human Resources preferred
- PHR/SPHR Certification
- Experience working for a manufacturing organization
- Process oriented approach to managing work. Ability to advance process standardization and promote continuous improvement using Lean management tools and creativity.
- Analytical ability including identifying patterns, trends, associations, and cause-effect relationships from that data. Ability to break down complex situations into manageable components to solve problems.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills with employees and managers.
- Ability to drive results working with cross-functional team through influence rather than direct authority.
- Superior knowledge of most aspects of the HR function and significant experience with organizational effectiveness.
- Current knowledge in state and federal labor laws, OSHA law, EEO and Affirmative Action.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time