Eaton’s vehicle division is currently seeking a Forge Team Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our South Bend, IN facility.
The primary purpose of this position is to work in a self-directed, team oriented, advanced forging operation to produce quality product safely and efficiently.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform equipment and tooling set-ups as specified by the Process Sheet Work Instructions.
- Perform quality inspection including gauge usage, SPC tracking and blueprint reading.
- Participate as a team member to continuously improve operations.
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspection checks on equipment and fork lifts.
- Operate and make necessary adjustments to the forge press, trim press, automatic loader, automatic graphite spray system, heat induction system and all related controls. Operate spray lubricant as required.
- Communicate with all other team members to assure quality product production and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in teams and/or taskforces that are directly related to plant operations and continuous improvement.
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of (enter location) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to frequently move and/or lift forgings and dies during the forging and trimming press operations weighing from 3-36lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk the entire shift.
- Ability to hear and talk to other teammates while working.
- Ability to visually detect quality defects during production.
- Ability to tolerate extreme temperature changes, wetness and/or humidity during production operations.
- Ability to tolerate noise at a time weighted average of 97 decibels and occasional vibration due to use of tools and equipment.
- Ability to tolerate fumes from forge press, forklifts, Tennant Sweeper, welding and cutting operations. Ability to tolerate occasional graphite/water mist from forging operations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No