Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking an Engineering Manager-VAVE. This position is based at our Highland, IL facility.
As the Engineering Manager - VAVE, you will be responsible for VAVE (Value added, Value Engineering) products that produce a high profit margin and greater value to our customers. This is a role that will provide the opportunity to work cross-functionally with other business areas including Marketing, Sales, and Operations. It will require you to have ambition, drive, strong engineering experiences, with enthusiasm in the product design and cost arena. A highly entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the industry is desirable, along with a drive to grow both personally and professionally.
The position will allow you to demonstrate your ability to drive innovation from ideation through the ProLaunch process. Identification and execution of cost savings initiatives through VA/VE & product rationalization are highly valued. The position will require you to be highly proficient in project management and documentation with the ability to manage a team executing multiple projects in parallel. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will identify and resource cost out projects to drive Value Added Value Engineering (VAVE)
- You will organize, and lead Kaizen cost out events
- You will work globally with Eaton IIC and China resources to execute VAVE projects
- You will provide project support to the lead engineers, includes technical and organizational support
- You will promote an environment of cross functional engagement
- You will report monthly metrics, identify resource requirements, and forecast annual goals
- You will provide guidance for 3rd party certifications (ex. UL, FM, CSA)
- You will provide developmental guidance to the VAVE team
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 6 or more years’ experience within a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 or more years engineering management experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship in the future.
- No relocation. Candidate must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Highland, IL site.
- MBA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 or more years management experience
- Knowledge of Mechanical or Structural Products
- Knowledge of ERP system (SAP and Business Explorer)
- Experience working in a global business environment
- SAP Knowledge
- Creative Thinking/Problem Solving skills
- Solid modeling experience
- Strong understanding of sheet metal fabrication technologies
- Experience in fostering teamwork and developing strong cross functional relationships/teams
- Experience coaching and developing a team
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in fast paced environment, real-time environment
- Exceptionally collaborative, flexible and adaptive when working with customers and various teams
- Previous proven success measuring department goals to meet company performance standards
- Experience in monitoring activity of subordinates and background in measuring productivity and effectiveness of that group
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time