If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior HR Generalist based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
This position is responsible for helping functional objectives by providing HR Business Partnership to business groups at the new SpinCo and will be reporting to the HR Manager. Support the teams for establishing and ramping up the Operations in Pune while providing operational support to the team. Maintaining positive employee relationships, organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition and management, compensation, training, and broader HR initiatives and HR programs aligned with short and long-term business objectives.
- The person in this position will also be responsible for assisting in the deployment of human resources policies and procedures, matrices and their dissemination through employee communications, and/or meetings.
- Execute SpinCo’s HR systems and HR initiatives within New Spinco.
- Supports achievement of overall SpinCo’s objectives through the implementation of effective HR strategy.
- Ability to assess and select top talent in a timely manner while partnering with hiring managers. Plan for workforce requirement to “Hire Right” and analyze metrics that measure the success of staffing efforts.
- Through the performance management system assure that annual employee job performance assessments are conducted. This includes the annual goal setting process, the annual assessment process and periodic feedback sessions that strive to raise the performance bar in the organization. Guide, support, orient and train employees and managers through the entire Performance cycle.
- Provide coaching and consulting to employees on effective performance management intervention.
- Build capability in the organization through proactive and robust performance management and development planning at all levels. Monitoring the development plan completions at business level and helping with necessary interventions as required.
- Support and execute comprehensive retention strategies, through progressive HR practices, tools and market analysis
- Training and Development: Manage these processes to facilitate employee development.
- Promotes positive employee relations and employee engagement
- Plan for Employee Satisfaction Surveys, encourage maximum participation, help analyze and explain results, and coach managers and teams in action planning exercises, follow-through on action plans to increase scores on all dimensions of survey
- Communication process: Assuring two way communications processes between employees and management, through skip levels, Business group meeting, One on One etc. Provides guidance & handle queries on human resource management policies, processes and systems.
- Promotes positive employee relations and employee engagement. Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievement
- Talent Development: Develop talent by leveraging various tools and processes. Ensure succession planning and leadership pipeline development
- Partner the Operational excellence for the group.
- Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Fosters an environment that promotes SpinCo’s ethics, goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement
- As a business partner should be able to ensure Coaching, Consulting and provide facilitation skills to the business. Provides guidance and direction to managers, employees on human resource management policies, processes and systems
- Good in communication at all levels. Strong in Influencing and Facilitation skills , ability to work in cross – functional teams, effective presentation and consultation skills, strong data analysis and representation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively navigate and influence sensitive situations
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
- BE Computers / IT with post-graduation in Human Resources
- 8-9 years of experience in Human resource management (generalist or specialist) in a multinational / matrix organization setup.
- Experience with Engineering & R & D centres, Manufacturing will be an added advantage
- Strong labour laws and compliance knowledge. Ability to work in a multinational / matrix organization setup.
- Ability to understand, interpret and easily communicate and design policies and practices to the SpinCo’s Philosophy & Values and Code of Ethics
- Proven Ability to influence and work effectively across all levels in a highly-matrixed environment.
- Able to work with sensitive and confidential materials.
- Contributes a learning organization by sharing of ideas, lessons learned and transfer of best practices
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievement within the specified team within EIIC.
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in co-operation with the Leadership team. - Liaise with other functional, departmental leaders so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements
- Creative and Analytical mindset
- Curious to learn
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time