Eaton’s Information Technology team is currently seeking a Principal Enterprise Architect to join our Architecture, Governance, Security Center of Excellence (AGSCOE) team. No relocation is being offered for this position. The candidate must reside within 50 miles of our Beachwood, Ohio facility.
The Principal Enterprise Architect will provide technical strategy and supporting IT frameworks to guide the successful design, deployment and operations of IT solutions within key programs and operates with little supervision in a complex environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will plan for future-state technology portfolios and IT program investments
- You will lead the development, communication and deployment of the architecture governance processes
- You will lead the application of emerging technologies to current Eaton environments
- You will drive solution architecture, ensure technical alignment and facilitate technical solution delivery across an IT domain.
- You will be accountable for maintaining high levels of solution performance, availability and capacity, demonstrating a commitment to quality.
- You will provide vision to Eaton's IT Organization to successfully influence the direction of complex key technical elements of the solution environment.
- You will be established as a key domain technical leader at Enterprise level
When we embrace the
different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we —
as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years IT (or a graduate of Eaton's Leadership Development Program) with experience in designing, implementing, and/or project managing technology platforms with a minimum 5 years of experience on enterprise-wide platforms.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship.
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, OH to be considered.
- Expertise in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of enterprise-wide applications
- Experience successfully delivering on all aspects of a technology project
- Experience successfully delivering on all aspects of an enterprise-wide, global technology projectB.S.
- Domain Expertise with Design / Architectural Experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time