- Be a driving force in ensuring a strong and committed culture of learning, transparency, ethics, passion, accountability, and efficiency throughout the new site organization.
- Lead the recruitment and hiring of new employees during the site start-up and on-going operations.
- Ensure that the plant complies with all relevant employment legislation & company policies.
- Develop, Promote, and Maintain a positive environment within the organization were all employees feel motivated and engaged to contribute with plant results.
- Support & advise plant management & employees in regard to company policies & national employment legislation
- Promote a positive employee relations and Plant Culture through implementation of Eaton Code of Ethics, Philosophy and Values.
- Represent the company in collective bargaining negotiations & management/union meetings
- Lead & improve training & development related processes, including needs analysis, design & training delivery, & development programs. Foster Learning Organization Culture
- Manage salary & wage processes, including ensuring benchmarking within Eaton & external marketplace data
- Ensure proper & effective personnel administration
- Support plant operations through planning headcount & manning levels & recruitment of all levels of staff, as required
- Introduce & implement HR policies & procedures, including performance management processes (APEX), in accordance with Eaton standards.
- Provide leadership, management, coaching & development to staff members.
- Promote Safety & Continuous Improvement as a Culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years human resources experience, preferably in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of two years experience leading people in a managerial role
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of employment legislation.
- Presentation and facilitation knowledge with skills in teaching, training, and developing employees.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with lean, six sigma, and/or continuous improvement.
- SAP business system experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management / Industrial / Labor Relations or Psychology
- Master’s degree
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time