You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
During the 12- week paid internship, students will work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business while being coached and mentored by Eaton HR professionals. This internship in Human Resources is designed to provide the foundation to early career HR professionals, through fast-paced, real world, hands-on HR Generalist experience leading projects in areas such as:
- Talent Acquisition
- Change Management
- Business Acumen
- Workforce Planning
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Employee Engagement
In addition to your valuable on the job learning, interns participate in robust programming including professional development activities, cross-functional projects, senior leader exposure, networking events, and visits to other Eaton sites. These events will help you gain exposure to the many exciting opportunities that lay ahead of you as you build your career at Eaton.
Intern groups will be in one of the following business headquarters:
Eden Prairie, MN (Greater Minneapolis area)
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Raleigh, NC
Southfield, MI (Greater Detroit area)
Additional internship locations will be available in select manufacturing sites to meet individual, developmental interest.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Actively pursuing a Master’s or MBA degree program with a focus in Human Resources (Industrial Labor Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, or Leadership Development) from an accredited institution
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Internship Program
- Relevant work experience and/or HR internship experience
Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- A desire to build a career in human resources in a fast-pace manufacturing environment
- Highly skilled communicator, strong analytical, and presentation skills
- Ability to execute with minimal direction and prepared to navigate change with patience, optimism, and poise
- Intellectually curious; always willing to probe deeper to understand organizational behavior and performance
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the assignment manager.
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
- The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
We are a power management company made up of over 100,000 employees, doing business in more than 175 countries. Our energy-efficient products and services help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, efficiently, safely and sustainably. By giving people tools to use power more efficiently. Helping companies do business more sustainably. And by encouraging each and every employee at Eaton to think differently about our business, our communities—and the positive impact we can have on the world.
To Apply: In addition to applying through the campus system, interested candidates must apply to www.eaton.com/careers in order to be considered for this opportunity.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time