If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Lead Mechanical Engineer - eMobility in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai/Shenzhen, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial in a large multi-national company.
Your essential responsibilities:
- You will perform detailed mechanical part and assembly design of high power electronics, power distribution centers, and other power management products utilizing SolidWorks 3D CAD.
- You will create simulation models to predict structural, fatigue, vibration, thermal, and flow performance of new products in development using SolidWorks Simulation.
- You will conduct detailed analysis of tolerance stacks to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance.
- You will prepare for and participates in formal and informal design review activities.
- You will work closely with cross-functional team members in planning and executing project based activities.
- You will communicate project progress to project management and manage project risk appropriately.
- You will develop product test plans and work closely with technicians or outside lab resources to implement and review testing activities.
- You will Interface with and provide technical support for customers, plant, quality, and supplier personnel.
- Operate and design within transportation industry standards (SAE, ISO, MIL, & ISO TS16949).
- Work with and manage engineering team members in China and India to execute new product designs.
- Learn and integrate Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Design For Six Sigma tools and approaches, engineering simulation & modeling software, and phase-gate development processes for new products in development.
If you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years minimum experience in new product development.
- Experience in SolidWorks is preferred, design experience in CAD required.
- Experience with computer simulation and modeling software (stress, thermal, dynamics, tolerance, etc.).
- Ability to generate tests and test plans to sufficiently validate product designs required.
- Working experience in the design of injection molded plastics preferred.
- Working experience in the design of die cast parts preferred.
- Background in TS 16949 quality systems preferred.
- Project management knowledge and experience a plus.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time