Eaton’s Vehicle division has an opening for a Lead CI- VAVE Engineer. The position is located at the Tualatin, OR Facility.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to lead VAVE initiatives alongside design engineering, marketing and the associated manufacturing plants to improve product cost through engineering changes. The focus should be on building pipeline VAVE projects while ensuring existing deck is being executed in a timely manner. This position will work as part of the eMobility cost productivity team in alignment with the overall strategy.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this function :
- Lead the initiative to define target product lines for VAVE and rationalization. These are typically products planned to continue future sales but may not be competitive in the market due to a high base cost.
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of VAVE projects
- In coordination with marketing and engineering, identify competing products and lead the initiative to gain insight to cost opportunities which may be applied to Eaton products.
- Lead cross functional VAVE events to identify potential, actionable changes to design, material selection, etc. that lead to cost improvements through the engineering process.
- Follow VAVE engineering projects through to completion to ensure cost improvement results are delivered.
- Report on VAVE project status, progress and pipeline to all stakeholders.
- Understand manufacturing and product cost accounting which is fundamental to the position.
- Work cross-functionally with other functions at global level. This requires the incumbent to have ambition, drive, enthusiasm and strong practical engineering experience to compliment his/her technical ability.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years work experience in engineering or a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of the facility will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferable
- 5 years’ work experience in engineering or a manufacturing environment
- Having a strong personality and Ability to question the status quo and to be open minded and receptive to change
- A highly entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the continuous improvement is desirable, along with a drive to grow both personally and professionally
- Ability to lead a cross functional team in a group setting is a must
- Demonstrated ability to interface and work with Operations and Design Engineering to achieve VAVE cost and/or productivity improvements
- Confident working with senior plant and functional leaders throughout the organization.
- Understanding of engineering concepts and ability to read engineering documented drawings
- Successful candidate will have knowledge of manufacturing processes such as material management, manufacturing operations, cost accounting, quality processes and procedures, project management and Lean manufacturing
- Proficiency with many application software packages such MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, CAD design and statistical analysis is required
- Good Communication, presentation, interpersonal and professional presence with internal/external customers and suppliers
- Must achieve results through others not directly in reporting structure.
- Ability to explain and train others on VAVE concepts
- Must be a self-starter and able to successfully work independently
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time