Eaton’s Aftermarket Group has an opening for a Technical Support Regional Manager to be remotely located in Europe, supporting our growing customer base in this region for Eaton’s Aerospace Group. This role will require an Engineering Degree qualified individual with excellent customer service skills, and a strong commercial awareness. The applicant should demonstrate experience of managing customers and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues with an aircraft component and have an understanding of aircraft systems. This role can sit in either Paris, France or Hamburg, Germany.
The essential functions for this role include but are not limited to the following:
• Meet Aftermarket goals, activities and strategies in accordance with the Aftermarket strategic plan.
• Meet performance plans and targets and take corrective action as required to meet these goals.
• Work both internally and with the customer to resolve Technical Concerns.
• Recommend appropriate design, manufacturing, application, or installation modifications as indicated by findings. Compile test, performance, and other applicable data to support recommendations.
• Identify Technical opportunities for product modification / improvement / alternate Eaton insertion for aircraft systems.
• Write detailed service reports.
• Instruct / train customer personnel on operation, function, repair and preventative maintenance of equipment and systems. Participate with customer in meetings to discuss and advise on service issues.
• Ability to manage customer relations while continuously improving Eaton’s reputation.
• Knowledge of aircraft systems and components, their design and performance characteristics.
• Ability to identify customer problems / issues as potential sales opportunities for the sales organization to address (upgrade, retrofit, replacement refurbishment, new products, etc.)
• Single point of contact between the customers and product business units (will be held accountable for timely feedback to the customer)
• Conduct regular Technical Coordination Meeting (TCM)
• Maintain customer scorecard.
• English and French verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical curriculum.
• Essential: In depth knowledge of the aerospace market and specifically the aftermarket business and the influences that affect this business segment. Desired: Experience working for an Airline in a technical support capacity.
• Minimum 5+ years of field service operational knowledge with airline industry
• Strong relationship building skills in a culturally diverse environment.
• Proven ability to multi-task and handle several high priorities project concurrently while meeting tight deadlines.
• High level of motivation (self-starter)
• Results oriented, with excellent leadership and influence skills and proven ability to manage cross-functional teams in a matrix organisation
• Strong communication skills in English and the local language.
• Ability to interact positively and effectively with personalities at the operational Product Family business level, senior Eaton management and customers at all levels
• Function as company spokesperson at tradeshows, customer visits and media events
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time