Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a CNC Operator - Manual Lathe Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Set up and operate engine lathes to perform machining operations such as turning, boring, threading, and facing on metallic parts of cast iron, ni-resist, stainless steel, brass, bronze, carbon steels, or non-metallic parts of plastic or Teflon.
- Work according to specifications, tooling instructions and knowledge of machining procedures. Read prints and factory work orders for specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts and cutting tools.
- Position and secure tooling set-up. Insert workpiece into position and secure it by such methods as mounting between centers, inserting in chuck or clamping to face plate. Select method of holding work piece which may include making arbor/jaws to complete job at hand.
- Adjust controls to set cutting speed and feed rate and to position tool in relation to work piece and run machine.
- Verify work piece machined for correct specifications to tolerances as close as .001 with use of such measuring instruments as micrometer, Vernier, caliper, depth gauges and other measuring tools.
- Responsible for keeping machine clean and lubricated and for maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of CNC lathe experience. Completion of a CNC certificate program may be substituted for experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- 1 year of experience in the set-up of CNC lathes or CNC mills is preferred
- Ability to read and use blueprints.
- Abilities in the use of micrometers, calipers, and various other measuring instruments
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No