Eaton‘s Vehicle Division in Germany has an opening for a:
Account Manager German Automotive Customers- 074812
Location: Baden Baden, Gilching, Munich area, Home-Office, Germany
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. Find out more watching this video .
Under the direct supervision of the Director Sales Germany and Sweden, this position is responsible for leading and directing the sales strategy for our main Automotive customers in Germany. In addition, the Account Manager is responsible for managing all customer programs that revolve around pricing, revenue growth, profitability, design, and customer satisfaction.
- Serves as / leads a member of a cross-functional customer interface team to insure a high level of customer satisfaction and responsiveness to customer needs
- Leads the development of the regional customer strategy for both the annual profit and five-year strategic plans
- Provides input into the description, qualification, and recommendations of growth opportunities for new product and systems
- Assists in the formulation, execution, and evaluation of a technology strategy to meet customer needs and product strategies.
- Gathers competitive information about project / product / platform trends / directions and reports it to the Director of Sales
- Manages cost reduction programs to support customer cost reduction initiatives while maintaining internal profitability targets
- Evaluates and communicates customer performance reports to the Customer Director
- Deploys the Customer Relationship Review (CRR) process and assists in developing action plans to improve customer satisfaction performance
- Assists with the resolution of all open DSO issues at responsible customer base
- Supports all Eaton Business System tasks assigned to the Sales and Marketing function (including ProLaunch, EBEA, TS, etc.)
- Builds customer-supplier relationships through daily interface with customer, operations, and engineering
- Contributes to the development of pricing and commercial terms and conditions
- Has the responsibility and authority to ensure that customer requirements are addressed and communicated to the customer including inquiries, contracts or order handling, including amendments.
- Gains understanding of customer needs / wants and competitive landscape and recommends customer specific strategies to senior management
- Acts as a point of contact for commercial warranty issues, quality issues, and customer complaints
- Complies with the requirements of the Quality & Environmental management systems
- Originates, develops, and facilitates training at customer locations (if applicable)
- Travels within Europe (max 50%)
- BS/MS degree in Engineering, Business management or other approved discipline
- Fluent English and German skills
- 5 years of sales experience in Automotive industry
- Financial and commercial skills: P&L, Cost estimating, Pricing
- Market and Customer Knowledge within Automotive sector
- Experience with Value Proposition Design & Communication
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time