Eaton’s Electrical Systems & Services Group is currently seeking a Project Procurement Lead to join our team. This position is based at our Warrendale, PA location.
Project Procurement Lead will lead the procurement processes for Engineering
Services Industrial/Utility/Commercial Turnkey Project Business. The Lead will develop strategic sourcing strategies with the Turnkey Project
business leaders, and support the procurement process with focused on
identifying and executing on cost out strategies to drive the profitability of
the Turnkey Project business.
The Project Procurement Leadt role is accountable for providing leadership of the supply chain management function for the Industrial/Utility/Commercial Turnkey Projects business. This includes ownership of the procurement processes, strategic sourcing for repetitive purchases, project specific sourcing for large purchases and operational procurement support. The Lead Analyst will work with the Technical Application Support (TAS) team to obtain multiple bids in support of proposal generation. Upon award, the Lead will support the subcontract administration processes, vendor set-up as applicable, negotiation of final pricing and first level approval of purchase orders. The candidate will support the usage of procurement excellence, supplier site assessment, and cost-out tools from the Eaton Business System (EBS)
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Be accountable for identifying and executing on annual Cost-out opportunities to support profitability goals
- Partner with the TAS Turnkey Projects organization to support the vendor proposal process during the bidding stage, including supplier selection, submission of RFP packages and bid analysis using work breakdown structure format (WBS).
- Update and maintain vendor database with recent bid analysis information to drive efficiencies in quoting process and price reasonableness assessment.
- Develop strategic supplier partnerships for repetitive purchases utilizing the Supplier Site Assessment process and development long-term service agreements.
- Monitor and hold strategic partners accountable through the use of Supplier Scorecards, annual business reviews and issue escalation processes.
- Review and approve all POs for the Commercial Turnkey business ensuring proper flow-downs are identified and documented.
- Perform Vendor set-up process for all new suppliers with adherence to Eaton requirements, including documentation collection, submission and tracking approval process.
- Draft subcontract agreements using designated templates, negotiate terms and conditions with vendors and work with project teams and contracts team to assess requests for non-standard critical contract adjustments. Reach agreement on subcontract terms and obtain signatures on executed contracts and document agreements within the Contract Lifecycle Management tool.
- Responsible for post award modifications to subcontract agreements including all change order related activities.
- Champion the awareness of One Eaton Supply Chain initiatives including Mass Changes to Payment Terms, Freight consolidation strategies and other corporate programs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
· A minimum of 3 years of industry experience in Supply Chain / Procurement for Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) or Design Build organization involved in Large Construction Projects.
· Must reside within a 50 mile radius of the work location listed. No relocation is being offered for this position.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Master's degree in business administration from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in Supply Chain / Procurement for Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) or Design Build organization involved in Large Construction Projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of the subcontracts, negotiation and vendor management.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to negotiate, and utilize business analytics and problem-solving skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No